Find answers to your questions. If you do not find your question here, please contact us.
Buying and Downloading Digital Scrapbooking Kits - Questions
- What is a Kit/Pack?
- What is a Template?
- What type of kits are available for purchase?
- Where are my purchased digital scrapbooking kits?
- What type of kit did I purchase?
- How do I download my purchased digital scrapbooking kits?
- How do I install my digital scrapbooking kits?
- Where can I find my purchased digital scrapbooking kits in the software?
- Can I download my digital scrapbooking kits again? Will it cost anything?
- Do I need MyMemories software to use digital scrapbooking kits from this website?
- How do I use the General file download with MMS or other software?
General Software Questions
- Is there a discounted upgrade available for owners of My Memories Suite version 1, 2 or 3?
- What can I do if I have a My Memories Suite question that is not answered in the FAQs?
- Do I get the download version if I purchase the software disc?
- Is MyMemories Suite sold in stores?
- Can I use outside content purchased at other websites in MyMemories Suite software?
- What are my printing options when I am done with MyMemories Suite album project?
- Can I add a page from another template kit to my existing album?
- Can I add pages from one of my albums to another?
- Can I create a mirror image of a page in my album?
- How do I print my album to a specific size?
- How do I make sure everything on my page will be in my printed album?
- Can I export my album as Web pages (HTML)?
Software Installation Questions
- Where can I find my purchased software?
- How can I find my product key?
- Is there a Trial version of the software?
- How do I register my Trial Version?
- How many computers can I have the software installed on?
- I have already registered version 1. How do I add version 2, 3 or 4 registration to my account?
- I am trying to enter my information on the Software Registration screen, but the fields are too small. How do I fix this?
- What can I do if I have a MyMemories Suite question that is not answered in the FAQs?
Answers - Buying and Downloading Digital Scrapbooking Kits
Q - What is a Kit/Pack?
A - A Kit is a themed collection of graphic elements that can be used to create a scrapbook page, calendar, etc. All kits have product information when when viewing the kit in the store. (on the right side of the page under product info, this will give you more information about the kit type itself). All graphics included in kits are high-resolution JPG or PNG files optimized for download and installation into the MyMemories Digital Scrapbooking software. These design elements (can also be used with other software design programs with general download (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
Q - What is a Template?
A - A Template is a professionally designed page layout available for instant use in the MyMemories Digital Scrapbooking software. Each template is optimized to assist users in creating complete pages easily and quickly by allowing them to drop in their own photos and text. Most included page elements—such as background papers, graphic embellishments, journaling areas and empty picture boxes—can be repositioned, resized, or deleted from the pages. Pages can also be duplicated, deleted or reordered at any time. For more information on a Template click here: Designer Template
Q - What type of kits are available for purchase?
A - A - Kits come in several configurations including:
- Album Template: These are a 5 page minimum of pre-designed layered templates for easy photofill and will include all original artwork used to create the template.(Please Note: pre-built templates only work in the MMS Software. The General download will still contain all of the kit images to re-create the template but the pre-built pages are not available in the general download.
- Bundle Pack: A combination of multiple combo packs. This will be a larger file size than a combo pack.
- Combo Pack: These include a themed combination of background papers and embellishments to create your own layout.
- Craftable: This is a craft based template or quick page for print at home cut outs.
- Embellishment Pack: These kits include a series of themed embellishments.
- Layout Template: These are photo box and shape layouts for quick fill of your own images and papers. Will not have any backgrounds or embellishment files.
- Mini Pack: Less content at a lower price point than a combo pack used for add-on this will have both background & embellishment files.
- Monogram and Alphabet Pack: These kits include themed graphics that are in part or a combination of alphabets, numbers or symbols. Monograms must be imported and positioned like any graphic embellishment and are not a font.
- Paper Pack: These kits include a themed collection of background papers.
- Photobook Template: These are a 20 page minimum of pre designed layered templates for easy photo fill and will include all original artwork used to create the template.(Please Note: pre-built templates only work in the MMS Software. The General download will still contain all of the kit images to re-create the template but the pre-built pages are not available in the general download.
- Quick Page Pack: These are pre designed pages flattened into a png file format with windows for the pictures to show through. (Quick Pages are not templates- they are an embellishment.
- Word Art Pack: These kits include themed graphics that are in part or a combination of alphabets, numbers or symbols. Word Art must be imported and positioned like any graphic embellishment and are not a font.
Q - Where are my purchased digital scrapbooking kits?
A - You can find the download files in My Downloads section of your online account.
Q - What type of kit did I purchase?
A - Access your Downloads page, click on your kit title/product name. It will load the kit and product information in the store page. Under the product information on the right you can read what type of kit you purchased.
Q - How do I download my purchased digital scrapbooking kits?
A - After you purchase content from the https://www.mymemories.com site, click on the Access Your Downloads link or the my downloads link at the top of the site page.
1. We have several different download formats for each kit Win, Mac and General. Select your desired download file to begin downloading.
2. You may be prompted to run or save the installation file. (We recommend that you choose to save the file first and then run it after it has downloaded.)
3. During the download process, please ensure that your computer remains on and active. (not in hibernation mode, and stays connected to the web)
4. After it has downloaded, if you are not automatically prompted to run the installation file, it will be located in your "Downloads Folder" on your computer. (Unless you chose to save it in another location.)
- Win and Mac downloads are for customers who own MyMemories Software. The downloads come with installers that will install the content automatically into the software when you run the installer.
- The General download is a .zip file for those who want to use the kits in other software programs like photoshop. (Windows users: Will need to Right-Click and choose extract all with the general download.) (Mac users: Double-click on the download to open the .zip folder)
(Please Note: that Album & Photobook pre-built templates only work in the MyMemories software. The General download will still contain all of the kits images to re-create the template but the pre-built pages are not available in the general download.)
Q - How do I install my digital scrapbooking kits?
A - After you have downloaded your kit locate it on your computer and run the installer. You will need to quit out of MyMemories Suite, if you have it open.
Windows default download location:
1. Go to Start.
2. Open your Users/personal Folder. (top right above documents)
3. Open the Downloads Folder.
4. Double-click on your downloaded item to launch the installer.
5. Go through the installer steps, leave everything at its defaults and click finish. (Install location C: / Program Files / MyMemoriesSuite)
6. Open up MyMemories Suite and start a new album or open an existing one.
Mac default download location:
1. Open a Finder Window.
2. Open up Macintosh HD.
3. Open Users.
4. Open your user name/personal folder.
5. Open the Downloads folder.
6. Double Click on your download to launch the installer.
7. Go through the installer steps, leave everything at its defaults and click finish. (Install location. Applications / MyMemoriesSuite)
8. Open up MyMemories Suite and start a new album or open an existing one.
- If you receive a message that the installation file is not valid or cannot create, it is likely that the file did not download completely. Download the file again from your account. Or its a permissions issue, right-click on the installer and choose run as administrator. (You will need to type in your computer password.)
Q - Where can I find my purchased digital scrapbooking kits in my software?
A - If you have downloaded and installed your purchased files, there are a few reasons you may not be able to locate it in the software. Please refer to the possible solutions below.
Important: Windows Vista Users
If you are using a Windows Vista computer, do not choose to run the installation file if prompted. Instead, save the file to your computer, locate the file after it has downloaded, right-click on the file, and choose Run as administrator.
Some of the downloads we offer will not show up in the templates list as they are combo packs that contain embellishments, backgrounds or quick pages. Click on the my downloads link page. And select your kit name for product & category information. Under the product information it will tell you the type of download you have. (Please Note: The Type: Album or Photobook templates will be installed as templates. All others will be under backgrounds or embellishments. You can also check your kits install / searchable category as well under the product information.)
1. Open or create your album.
2. Open the Backgrounds tab under the Control Panel.
3. Click on the Purchased icon.
4. Open the category associated with your purchased background. (Clicking on the gray triangle to the left of the category name will expand the category options.)
5. Once the category is opened select the background you want to use and click ok.
Embellishments, Quick Pages, Alphabets, and Monograms:
1. Open or create your album.
2. Open the Embellishments tab under the Control Panel.
3. Click on the add Embellishment Icon.
4. Open Purchased Embellishments. (Clicking on the gray triangle to the left of the category name will expand the category options.)
5. Open the category associated with your purchased Embellishment. (Clicking on the gray triangle to the left of the category name will expand the category options.)
6. Once the category is opened select the Embellishment you want to use and click apply.
1. Create a new album by clicking on the Create Album From Designer Template, you should see it in the list of available designer templates.
2. Scroll through the list to locate your purchased template, select the template name and click next. (Add or remove pre built template pages and click next, leave default, next give your album a name & finish.)
3. You can also add template pages to an open project by going to the Insert menu / Add Other Template Pages.
Q - Can I download my digital scrapbooking kits again? Will it cost anything?
A - If you ever need to download your purchased digital scrapbooking kit again, you can do so.You can find the download files in My Downloads section of your account. Click on the file that corresponds to your software and computer type in the Downloads column. There are no additional charges for downloading items after they have been purchased and added to your online account.
Q - How do I use the General file download with MMS or other software?
A - The General download is a .zip file for those who want to use the kits in other software programs like photoshop or organize the add-on kits themselves. Simply click on the general download link to begin downloading. Once it has downloaded to your computer you will need to extract the folder to use the images. (Windows users: Will need to Right-Click and choose extract all, select a save location preferably the Desktop) (Mac users: Double-click on the download to open the .zip folder). Once opened you can use the images inside the kit folder just like any other image file.
Answers - General Software
Q - Is a discounted upgrade available for owners of My Memories Suite version 1, 2 or 3?
A - Yes. Please see the MyMemories Suite page for software buying options. The upgrade will install directly over the current version of your software. All albums created in your earlier versions will also be available to use in v4 when installed.
Q - What can I do if I have a MyMemories Suite question that is not answered in the FAQs?
A - If a suitable answer cannot be found in the Support section of the MyMemories Suite website, please contact the technical support team who will be happy to assist you.
For online support - click the Contact Us link on the right side of this page and enter an online incident request.
For telephone support - call 1-877-463-6924 and one of our support representatives will assist you.
Q - Do I get the download version if I purchase the software disc?
A - No, if you purchase the software disc you will only receive the disc version. You will need to purchase the download version separately. If you purchase the download version, you can order a backup disc for only $4.97, plus shipping and handling.
Q - Is My Memories Suite sold in stores?
A - My Memories Suite is currently only available online. It is available either on a CD or as a download. Please see the MyMemories Suite page for more information.
Q - Can I use outside content purchased at other websites in MyMemories Suite software?
A - You can easily use content you purchase at other websites in your MyMemories Suite software, but it will not self-install the same way that content and kits purchased from the MyMemories Suite website will. As long as the image files are in one of the common graphics formats of JPEG or PNG, so that MyMemories Suite can recognize it.
Q - What are my printing options when I am done with MyMemories Suite album project?
A - There are many options for your output when you are done with your MyMemories Suite album projects:
-You can print to your own printer.
-You can upload an album through the PHOTOBOOK process in your MMS software to have them professionally printed, bound and shipped to you.
-You can export them as JPG, PNG, or PDF, you can use the JPG images of your pages in ANY project that allows importing a personal JPG image for personalization. Or use them for processing at your favorite local or online retailer.
Q - Can I add a page from another template kit to my existing album?
A - YES! You can! Choose INSERT from your top menu and then select ADD OTHER TEMPLATE PAGES from the drop down menu. This will allow you to select any other template you have purchased or that was included in your software at the time of purchase. Highlight the template of your choice from the list and all the pages included in that template will be displayed. You can choose to add any one or all of them to your existing album! This is a great option when creating an album that will commemorate an entire year in the life of your family! You can choose template pages from any theme or holiday you wish!
Q - Can I add pages from one of my albums to another?
A - YES! You can! Choose INSERT from the top menu and select IMPORT FROM MY PROJECTS from the drop down menu. The pop up box will allow you to navigate to any of your other albums and see thumbnail images of each of your pages. You will be able to select any or all of those pages to add to the current album you are working on. You can choose whether the page will be added after the current page in your album or at the end - simply select that choice from the pop-up box.
Q - Can I create a mirror image of a page in my album?
A - YES! You can! From the top menu on your screen, choose INSERT, then choose, INSERT DUPLICATE PAGE MIRRORED from the drop down menu. This is a great option when trying to get matching layouts in a two page spread that give your album a symmetrical appearance!
Q - How do I print my album to a specific size?
A - MyMemories Suite is capable of printing square-shaped albums as large as 12x12 and landscape and portrait-shaped albums as large as 8.5x11. The size of the paper in your printer (and what size the printer itself is capable of handling) will determine the maximum size that you are able to print your album page. When printing in MyMemories Suite, the first step is to click on the Print button in the Share Album section of the Control Panel. If you are printing on paper that is the exact size that you would like to print (e.g., printing a square album to 12x12 paper), please ensure that the borderless printing setting is enabled in your printers properties. Then at the Print Options screen, use the Print Setup button to set your Paper Size to use the borderless setting for your papers size (Borderless Letter, for example). Click OK to return to the Print Options screen and then follow the prompts to print your page(s) as normal. If you are printing to paper that is not the exact size that you would like to print (e.g., printing a 6x6 sized album page on standard 8.5x11 paper), then you will need to make some adjustments to your printing options. At the Print Options screen, click on the Advanced button near the bottom. A new window will appear where you can make adjustments to the size of the print, its margins, crop settings, and more. A small preview window to the right should show you what to expect from your printout. When finished making any changes, click OK to return to the Print Options screen and then follow the prompts to print your page(s) as normal.
Q - How do I make sure everything on my page will be in my printed album?
A - If you are uploading your project to a PHOTOBOOK or creating a DVD or slideshow, you will want to check your album by the appropriate "guides" to make sure your pages will appear as you see them on your screen. From the menu that runs along the top of your screen, choose VIEW, then choose GUIDES from the drop-down menu. Click the guide size that matches your project and it will allow you to see the "safety-zone" around the edge of each page. Keeping everything inside those guides should ensure that you everything you see should show on your page!
Q - Can I export my album as Web pages (HTML)?
A - This feature is not yet available, although it is on our list of features to add in the future. You can export your album as a movie file and add it to a Web page.
Answers - Software Installation
Q - Where can I find my purchased software?
A - After purchasing the software it will automatically be added to the My Downloads section of your online account. Click on the My Downloads link at the top of the web page to find your downloadable software.
Q - How can I find my product key?
A - If you purchased a download version, go to the My Downloads and locate the Downloadable Software section. Your product key will be listed on this same page next to your downloadable software. If you purchased the software on CD, look on the back of the case, near the top for the key. If you are unable to find your product key, contact us.
Q - Is there a Trial version of the software?
A - Yes, you can add the trial version to your account click on this Download FREE Trial link to add the trial version to your cart. You can also click on the link here: http://www.mymemories.com/digital_scrapbooking_software for the trial or full version of the software. Simply checkout with the trial in your cart and it will be added to your account for downloading.
There is no time limit for when the free trial ends. The trial is the same as the full version of My Memories Suite except it has a few features disabled. These features are:
- Image export.
- Video export.
These features will be enabled when you purchase and register the MyMemories Suite software with a product key.
- You can still upload your album to our print services site for a professional photo book with the trial.
- You can also download, install, and use purchased templates from the MMS site with the trial.
Q - How do I register my Trial Version?
A - You can register your Trial version with a valid product key from within the software. Select the Help menu, from the drop down select Register. Enter in your information and product key, click register. Wait for it to unlock and update your software once its updated your trial version is now the same as the full. It will bring up the site to register online if you have not done so already.
Q - How many computers can I have the software installed on?
A - With a single product key you can have the software installed and registered on up to 3 computers simultaneously. If you need to free up an active product key space you will need to uninstall the software from one of the registered computers. With one of the available product key spaces still open you can login to your account from another computer download and install the software.
Q - I have already registered version 1. How do I add version 2, 3 or 4 registration to my account?
A - Go to the My Account page and log in, if necessary. Click on the link under Product Registration/Account Settings. Enter the product key in the Product Key field and click the Update button.
Q - I am trying to enter my information on the Software Registration screen, but the fields (boxes) are too small. How do I fix this?
A - Click and hold on the bottom right corner of the installation window and drag it out and down to increase the size of the installation window. This will allow you to enter the information on this screen.