MyMemories Forum User - Linda M

Topics Started

Topic Date Created
Welcome to "ALL" things MAC resource page. 04/29/2011 14:16:22

Post Topic Date Last Modified

Gail and Jayne, also brought up a great quesion on the FB Page:  can  you creat pages on a MAC and import and edit on a PC?  Well, we discoverd that since My Memories creates the albums as ".MMS’ files, both MAC and PC versions recognize the files, so you can share with friends on both platforms.  So Happy Scrapping!!! 

Welcome to "ALL" things MAC resource page. 05/30/2011 13:04:37

Keagle,You can print your books here at MMS and they do a wonderful job.

You can also print your pages at home, or at any of the local office suppliy store, I use Office Depot, for printing individual pages.  You can also print to a variety of different places tht print the bound customized cover books.  Some are My Memory Boutique, persnickity prints, even Shutterfly or snapfish if you want to.  That gives you a huge variety of books and sizes to choose from.  We all have our favorites so you will probably get a somewhat different answer to your question, depending on who you get that answer from.  I use Sams club, Office Depeot, Walgreens, Walmart, etc, and where I live there is a local printer who does a great job on the books so I usually take my books to her.   As a general rule, bound books can be anywhere from 20 pages, double sided, to about 100 pages.  some do more some do less.   Hope this helps, if not you might jump onto the FaceBook group and ask the 2400 of us there, but be prepared for a variety of differnet answers,  We all love to help.  https://www.facebook.com/mymemoriessuite    Linda M

my memories photobook or my memories suite 05/25/2011 06:52:58

KylesGranMa,  did you get the problem fixed?  Sounds like it idn’t load into MMS but into an external folder. 

Kits I ordered 05/25/2011 06:41:14

Welcome to “ALL” things MAC resource page.  If you have a Mac and have any questions or ideas, or resources to share please do so.  There are several of us with Macs on this forum and we will check periodically to see if we can help in any way.  I have learned from the Facebook group that none of us know everything, but between us, we all know a little and can research if we need to. If you don’t get an answer quick enough, post a note on the Facebook page for someone to check the forum for a question or a post.  This way we will have the questions and answers in a central location!! Again, Welcome and Happy Scrapping!   Linda Tisdale Manson

Welcome to "ALL" things MAC resource page. 04/29/2011 22:08:27

Roberta, was not sure what yo meant by “adult kits” so I had to clicl through!  LOL   IF you don’t see what you what in the MMS store, google  digital scrapbook wine or cocktails and vinyard or girls night out or any other words htat might fit your theme.  I found several kits at Arts Cow and Scrap Girls and several others.  You might have to scrool through or search the site.   so there are a ot out there.  ANd you know you cna use hte outside content in MMS Too right?  check out this link if not…http://www.mymemories.com/topics/116 using outside content in your MMS turorial.  Happy Scrapping!!!!

Adult Kits 04/28/2011 12:00:10

I use a Mac Book pro running snow leopard.   It is a bit convulted to find your photos the first time or two, but it is really easy once you know how.  

From MS program, select add photo

Navigate to users, you, pictures, iphoto library, and originals.  (6 steps)

from “originals” you will be able to navigate to the folder you wnat.  If you have not renamed all your folders, they will show up in chronological order, so know when you took rthe photos to make it easier to find them.

You cna also find yout photos in hte resources on the left side of the MMS screen.  you will navigate to the foldres in the smae way you did above.  THe difference is that in resources you see hte thumbnails fothe photos in a scrolling window. 

I usually know what photos I want to work with for a few days, so to kame it a bit easier, I find those photos, edit them in Iphoto and then “COPY” the phot into a folder I keep on my desltop caled “MMS Photos to scrap”  I will add photos as I come across them and then when I get an urge to scrap, (which happens often!!  LOL) I have the photos in a quick to find location.   I view the folder form the desktop in the resources tab and it is always there for me to scrool and find what I want to scrap.   If I realize I need a phot not htercke…I just go add a photo and navigae to the originals folder and find what I want and add it.  Don’t have toa dd it to the desktop folder, just add it for add photos….

Hope this helps…  It is good to have this here in the forum.  Maybe we need to set up a MAC folder on the forum to make it easy to find the posts.  I wil che with LIsa J to see how we do that. 

getting photos from a Macbook Pro 03/29/2011 14:19:03

The flu bug is no fun!!!  Hope you feel better soon.  I can identify…I came home form my Mamas with what we affectionatly call “the creeping crud”!  Popped pils for hte last few days and am on the mend now, I HOPE!!!  At least it is just me here!  No one to have to take care of or feel like I have to take to!!  I just hibernated and vegged out!

I just want to vent & chat. 02/02/2011 17:29:14

great idea to post it here too!!!

Finding thing in Your MMS Kits 01/03/2011 18:05:00

Great work Menda.  I really like htis.  I have done a few of my kits, but your technique seems to be a bit faster.   I get the contct sheets form several of my favorite sites,  WOnder iF MMS could start doing that too  HINT HINT HNIT !!!!!!

Finding thing in Your MMS Kits 01/03/2011 17:38:20

Burt Ives!

DAY TWELVE 12/24/2010 12/24/2010 17:25:57