*Journaling Mats* 03/28/2011 19:02:13
*Using MMS to create your custom (Blogger) Blog Header* 03/26/2011 21:29:34
*Making a Designer Template Your Own* 03/23/2011 22:56:03
*Adding SHAPES to your MMS with SVG files* 03/23/2011 22:55:15
*Lettering Delights* 03/21/2011 06:46:44
*Copy & Paste* (text from outside MMS) 03/20/2011 08:59:46
*Uploading Your PHOTOBOOK for Printing* 03/19/2011 07:51:14

Post Topic Date Last Modified

Good morning!  Here is one of the last few lessons in the March Into MMS series that has taken us through the entire month of March!  I have a couple more Short and Suite lessons up my sleeve, but I wanted to be sure to include this one in the bunch!  This lesson is how to add music and/or narration to your album project if you are going to share it as a slideshow!  Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks so much for your time and attention – I know it’s hard to fit in watching all these videos, but I hope you have found them helpful throughout the month!  I am looking forward to April to see what Jess has up her sleeve for our next project!

So, without any further delay, grab those Scrappy Marching Boots and let’s get to it!  Here you go!

TODAY’S VIDEO LINK: Adding Music/Narration to your MMS Project

The PDF is attached to your email, but if you have trouble opening or downloading the document, you can also find it here: Music PDF

Remember if you have missed any of the previous days lessons, you can always find them here in the MyMemories.com March Into MMS forum thread for your convenience! And, once again, I would like to say a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to our dear friends at “The Ettes” who graciously agreed to let me use the adorable kit, “Love Shack” in the design of both the PDF and the example album in most of the video tutorials.  Thanks Fayette and Annette – you’re the best!  ("Love Shack is available in the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!)

Lisa J.

[email protected]

… don’t forget to make a memory today!

Share your family’s story the way only you can with My Memories Suite software

http://www.mymemories.com/

*Adding MUSIC/NARRATION to your project* 03/30/2011 09:46:36

Hi!  I am so sorry you have had trouble getting your software installed, if you are still having issues – please send me an email and I will get you in touch with the tech guys that can surely help you out!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Install 03/29/2011 07:47:25

(This is Day Twenty-One… I guess I missed adding it to the forum on time!)

Good morning Suite Peeps!!  I am so excited today to be heading home!  I have had a great time out here on vacay with the Hubs, but I am ready to get back to my own time zone! :-)  We went to Sedona yesterday, and it was truly an amazing experience – sure the Grand Canyon is a sight to behold… but Sedona was a special treat all it’s own!  We visited the “Chapel of the Holy Cross”… oh my – it was really something!  

But today, we head home!  Back to my babies (yes, I know they are teenagers and a twenty-something) but my babies nonetheless!  So, I am going to make this quick this morning since I have to go finish figuring out how to get everything back into my suitcase for the trip home! LOL!!!  

Today’s video (no PDF today either – tomorrow, back to business as usual!) might be a big review for some of you, but I got to thinking that there were so many newbies here that I really wanted to just take a day to “tour the workscreen” and show you where you can find all the tools that we talk about in our other lessons or in our conversations on FB.  So, today, I will take you through all the menus and options, toolbars, Control Panel windows, and the Resource Gallery!  Hope if you watch it, you find something you didn’t know before!

Thanks again for all the very kind notes you have been sending, they are truly treasured!

TODAY’S VIDEO LINK: Tour the MMS Workscreen

Remember if you have missed any of the previous days lessons, you can always find them here in the MyMemories.com March Into MMS forum thread for your convenience! And, once again, I would like to say a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to our dear friends at “The Ettes” who graciously agreed to let me use the adorable kit, “Love Shack” in the design of both the PDF and the example album in most of the video tutorials.  Thanks Fayette and Annette – you’re the best!  ("Love Shack is available in the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!)

I will be on a plane most of the rest of the day (or stuck in the Atlanta airport, so I’ll check in later!!  Have a blessed day!!

UPDATE – Here is the link to the MMS Workscreen Tour PDF

… don’t forget to make a memory today!

Share your family’s story the way only you can with My Memories Suite software

http://www.mymemories.com/

*Tour the MMS Workscreen* 03/29/2011 07:09:27

Hi all!  Here is a quick and easy – Short & Suite lesson on Clustering and how it can be done!  There is a lot of great information you can gather just from looking at pages you love, but here are a few quick tips on figuring out what works for you and what doesn’t!  As always, if you have any questions on this or any other lesson, please just zip me an email and I’ll be happy to help in any way I can!

Hope you enjoy it!
The PDF for today’s lesson is attached, but if you have trouble opening it or downloading, you can also find it here: Clustering PDF

Remember if you have missed any of the previous days lessons, you can always find them here in the MyMemories.com March Into MMS forum thread for your convenience! And, once again, I would like to say a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to our dear friends at “The Ettes” who graciously agreed to let me use the adorable kit, “Love Shack” in the design of both the PDF and the example album in most of the video tutorials.  Thanks Fayette and Annette – you’re the best!  ("Love Shack is available in the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!)

don’t forget to make a memory today!

Share your family’s story the way only you can with My Memories Suite software

*Clustering Made Easy* 03/28/2011 19:02:54

Evenin’ Peeps!  Just a quick Short & Suite lesson tonight!  It’s a little tip on using journaling mats in your project and getting your text spacing right!  I hope you find it helpful!

The PDF is attached, but if you have trouble opening the attachment, you can also find it here:  Journaling Mat PDF

Remember if you have missed any of the previous days lessons, you can always find them here in the MyMemories.com March Into MMS forum thread for your convenience! And, once again, I would like to say a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to our dear friends at “The Ettes” who graciously agreed to let me use the adorable kit, “Love Shack” in the design of both the PDF and the example album in most of the video tutorials.  Thanks Fayette and Annette – you’re the best!  ("Love Shack is available in the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!)

*Journaling Mats* 03/28/2011 19:02:13

Good EVENIN’ Suite Peeps!  Whew!  What a lesson that one was!  It turned into a pretty lengthy video (almost 40 minutes) and a 6 page PDF, so I am calling this a two-for-one!  There was a lot to cover and there wasn’t really a good place to break it into two lessons, so you get one big FAT lesson today!  Now, I will say to start that I am NOT a pro-blogger by any means, but hopefully you will find some helpful information in there that you will find useful for something!  I also introduce you to a couple of outside sources again – but no worries, they are ALL FREEBIES!  There is a program that you might find helpful and also a website that helps with blogs if you want to take a few short cuts.  The links are listed below for your convenience!

So, without any more rambling… get those Scrappy Marching Boots out and let’s get to it!
The PDF is attached to this email, but if you have trouble downloading or opening the attachment, you can also find it here: Blog Header PDF
Shabby Blogs Link:  http://shabbyblogs.com/

*Using MMS to create your custom (Blogger) Blog Header* 03/26/2011 21:29:34

Hey there Suite Peeps!! Ok – these are a smidge out of order due to my crazy technical difficulties!! But lesson 22 will be out later tonight – promise – just have to finish up one more thing.  But here is today’s lesson!  Short & Suite for sure!  

This will show you how to take a Designer Template page and really make it your own!  With a couple of quick changes, you can take even the plainest of template pages and really make it something you’ll be proud to say YOU did!!
I know your boots are probably put away – or at least shoved further under the coffee table, but grab ‘em up and get ’em and let’s get back at it!  Thanks so much for your very kind patience while I got a little off track!  We are back in business now and playing catch up!
The PDF for today’s lesson is attached, but if you have trouble opening it, you can also find it here:  Template PDF

— 

*Making a Designer Template Your Own* 03/23/2011 22:56:03

Hi all!  Thanks for being so patient with me over the last couple days!  This has been driving me crazy to not get these out on time!  But here is the next lesson in the March Into MMS series that is taking us through the ENTIRE month of March!!

This lesson will be a review (and a remake of a previous video) and it covers how to use SVG files to add shapes to your MMS program!  I did the video previously, but after listening to it back, the sound was horrible so I decided to update it and add it to the March series and re-record the video (the new mike I got before we started March sounds MUCH better than the old one!) So, if you have seen the old one, I hope this is an improvement.  This is a simple technique but keep in mind the things that I mention in the PDF that you need to take into account when using this in your projects!
Thanks again for your patience – and I know your Scrappy Marching Boots might have dust on them because I gave you a day or two to catch your breath, but grab ‘em and get ’em laced up and let’s get back to it!
The PDF for today’s lesson is attached, but if you have trouble opening the attachment, you can also find it here: Adding SVG’s

Enjoy the lesson – on to catch up the rest!
UPDATE Here is the corrected link for the PDF for today’s lesson!! 

*Adding SHAPES to your MMS with SVG files* 05/25/2011 09:55:00

Good morning Peeps!!  DAY TWENTY? Can you believe it’s day TWENTY already? Wow!! This is going fast!  It has been such fun getting these lessons together for you all and I have been so overwhelmed by the wonderful emails and comments we have gotten about the series!  I hope we can continue to find fun things to share with you as time goes by and… I am pretty sure there’s something fun already brewin’ for April!  

But, let’s get on with today’s lesson!  I know you love your MMS – and you know I love my MMS – but sometimes, there are some great resources out there, outside of MMS that can really help us make our projects even more amazing, and save a few steps in the process too!  So, today… I am going to march you a little outside of MMS to a site that I really love to use when adding fun titles or names to my own pages – I hope you don’t mind straying off the path for a lesson today!  Hope you enjoy it!  (as I mentioned previously, there is no PDF again for today – but I am heading home tomorrow and will catch them up when I get back to work on Tuesday!)  Thanks so much for understanding!
So, without further delay, you know the drill by now – get those Scrappy Marching Boots on and let’s get to it!!  

**And a special THANKS to Michelle C. who let me know that yesterday’s tip does work on a Mac too, just have to use the Command key instead of CTRL – as usual!!  Thanks Michelle!

Have a Happy Scrappy Day!
UPDATE Here is the link for the Lettering Delights PDF

*Lettering Delights* 03/29/2011 07:07:04

Good morning Peeps – from the Grand Canyon… well, from outside the Grand Canyon of course, because there is ABSOLUTELY no service or signal where we were inside!!  But oh my… what an amazing site to behold… truly, truly breathtaking!  We even have a terrible signal here at our hotel, so I’ll post some more pictures later today when we get back to civilization! :-)

But enough about that!  Here’s what you are here for – today’s lesson, right???  Today’s will be really short & suite – but I thought it was a helpful hint that might come in handy as you are working on future pages.  We have talked about “copy & paste” from items and things inside the program, but what happens if we want to “copy & paste” things from outside our program – large amounts of text namely.  Alot of us blog and keep online diaries, or find interesting poems, etc that we want to use in our work…. so here is quick and easy way to make that possible!  Again, as a reminder, there is NO PDF attachment today – I will catch those up when I am back home at my desk – I am having a little technical difficulties with my PDF’s – so I apologize for sure!  But I promise, I will get them to you for these few days, asap!
Hope you find it helpful!!

Enjoy your day!  Hugs to you all for the very sweet notes we’ve been getting about this fun series!!  (Thanks especially to Julie T. who has sent some of the nicest notes!!! – Thanks Julie!) 
UPDATE Here is the link for the Copy & Paste PDF

*Copy & Paste* (text from outside MMS) 03/29/2011 07:05:41