*Journaling Mats* 03/28/2011 19:02:13
*Using MMS to create your custom (Blogger) Blog Header* 03/26/2011 21:29:34
*Making a Designer Template Your Own* 03/23/2011 22:56:03
*Adding SHAPES to your MMS with SVG files* 03/23/2011 22:55:15
*Lettering Delights* 03/21/2011 06:46:44
*Copy & Paste* (text from outside MMS) 03/20/2011 08:59:46
*Uploading Your PHOTOBOOK for Printing* 03/19/2011 07:51:14

Post Topic Date Last Modified

Hi Kim – each designer creates the embellishments in his or her kit in the way they wish for it to look – there really isn’t a “right way” or “wrong way” to do that.  Some programs allow you to clip and relayer the items to make them appear to pass through each other.  Another way around this is to layer a button or thread over the other, then add an additional button or flower or some other embellishment over the buttonholes to hide the actual threading area.  Clustering and layering can hide those little things like that in a very pleasing way.  At this time, it’s not possible to manipulate the thread in such a way in MMS that it actually “threads” through the holes in the button.

If there is anything I can help with or you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Still need help with button Thread 01/19/2011 12:25:00

Hi again Martin!  I am forwarding your message along to get the information you needed about the format and the copyrighting of the Designer Templates.  I believe the Designer Template pages are designed to work in the My Memories Suite software so they are in that format, but I will double check to see if they are downloaded without the MMS installer if they will open as a template in another program!

Please send me your email address, and I will update you when I get some information!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Copyrights 01/19/2011 12:21:41

Hi Martin!  Thanks for the great information concering the copyrighting of our images and pages!

Appreciate the input!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Forum Rules 01/19/2011 12:18:29

Hi there!  It’s a great idea while we’re on this journey to photograph our year – it’s a great idea to try to pick up some new techniques for improving our photos along the way.  We may as well get better as we go, right???  Check out this article that offers some great information about how to use natural light in your photos to make them look great.  Even the most expensive studio lights can’t match the beauty and perfection of natural light.  You just have to learn how to use it to your advantage!  Even on an overcast cloudy day, you can get some great shots that you will be proud of!

So, check it out and see what you think!

http://networkedblogs.com/d6tWI

I’d love for you to post a page with your photo to show us what you came up with!

Have a great weekend… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 - 1/16/11 01/17/2011 16:13:25

Hi all!  There’s something special to being able to look back at photos of days that have gone by.  Remember those precious photos you have from your own childhood, or those that you have of when your grown children were young.  Pictures capture a moment in time so it can be shared, relived, or enjoyed over and over again.  Taking photos has gotten easier and more affordable than ever and we have options now that we only dreamed about a short time ago.  Sending a photo via a text message on your cell phone, emailing a photo to relatives far away is something that seemed pretty far fetched not too long ago.  But don’t forget what it’s like to have an actual photograph in your hands.  Print some every now and then just to carry with you, just to stick up at your desk – just to give away or show to friends.  My Memories Suite is great for creating projects of all sizes and to print in a number of different ways to share!

Choose some photos today – or TAKE one today that you get printed – and look at it – hold it – enjoy it!

Have an amazing Saturday…  and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 - 1/15/11 01/17/2011 16:06:06

Today – just a quick post… try to choose a word for the day that comes to mind – it could be any of these:

• joy
  • sunshine
  • happy
  • fresh
  • satisfied
  • fabulous
  • energetic
  • ridiculous

Take your photo to express that feeling, that emotion – find a photo to take today that expresses something special to you!

Have a great day… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 - 1/14/11 01/17/2011 15:57:09

Hi there!  I’m sorry you weren’t able to find anything you wanted to use already in the software when you purchased it.  One of the additional great benefits about My Memories Suite (both versions) is that you can use content that you can find on most any other digital scrapbooking websites easily in your MMS program.  There are always TONS of freebies available at any number of scrapping sites and it is easy to use this content in your MMS.  I will see if I can find the link to the post that shows you how to add and access information to your software – that should help if you want a wider selection to choose from.

Please feel free to email me if you need any help! 

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Here it is: http://blog.mymemories.com/2009/10/992/

New to My Memories Suite - I'm I missing something? 01/16/2011 12:21:29

Great morning to you!! I hope you are not snowed under… or if you are, if you have heat and a big cup of hot chocolate at the computer with you this morning!  Today, I thought I’d chat with you a little about the reason we all decide to scrapbook.  Consider for a moment what your motivation is for this hobby or life mission – depending on how you look at it.  Is it strictly for entertainment purposes?  Do you use it to connect to new friends on sites like ours?  Do you use it to satisfy your creative itch?  Do you use it to provide a tangible account of the happenings in your family’s life?  Or, are you – like me – scrapping for all of those reasons?  Most people have some combination of reasons why they like, or LOVE to scrap.  Consider what you are trying to accomplish and it will help you keep your project online and on track.  If you just want a “daily snapshot” of life in your family – then don’t stress yourself out by trying to create a masterpiece page every day.  If you want to (and have time to) create a masterpiece page every day, celebrate that.  But keep in mind too, what are you going to DO with this “Project 365” when the year is over?  If you don’t think you’ll ever get it printed – because of the cost or the size, consider doing a weekly page with all the happenings of that week, or a “monthly” highlights or monthly “Top 10” page to keep the project more manageable.  Whatever the form it takes, enjoy it – above all else it should be fun!

I found a great FREE workshop over at Scrapbook.com for beginners that – even though directed at traditional paper scrappers, could be a valuable resource for great ideas!  Sometimes, it’s great to go back to the basics and pick up something new that you might not have considered before!  So, check it out – it’s a daily emailed workshop, so you’ll get a little email every day with an idea or project lesson to help you along the way!  Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.scrapbook.com/university/learntoscrapbook.php

Check it out, and sign up today – it’s FREE!  Have an amazing (even if it’s chilly) morning… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 - 1/13/11 01/13/2011 07:15:42

Good morning!  Just a quick note today!  Take ONE picture today that shows something you’re thankful for.  You may not show it to anyone – ever… just something that is special to you.  Nothing fancy… could be any of these:

• A cup of hot coffee in your favorite mug (or from the drive-thru at McDonald’s)
  • A sleeping baby
  • The keys to your house where you live warm and safe with your family
  • Your favorite chair
  • A messy kids room where your children play (or where your teenagers hang out)
  • A dining room table after a meal shared with your family
  • A special little corner of your house that’s your special place to be
  • Your big, deep soaking tub (if you are lucky enough to have one!)
  • The drift of snow outside your front door (won’t be grabbing THAT one here in Florida!)
  • A warm coat
  • Snow-covered mittens
  • Your messy desk… if you’re thankful you have a job
  • A quiet neighborhood street

Just anything that comes to mind… keep your eyes open today – remember to count your blessings.  Even the small ones, for they are the precious things that we have and we need to remember to enjoy them, and be thankful for them!

I hope you have many to choose from… but even if you just have one, no matter how small – you have that!  Capture that today and know that you have something special.

Have an amazing Wednesday … and don’t forget to make (and capture) a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 - 1/12/11 01/12/2011 07:34:34

Wow!  1/11/11 today!  Cool!  January is in FULL swing now and some of the country is getting blasted with some pretty crazy winter weather!  Make sure to document your world – what does it look like – see if you can get a picture that shows what it “feels” like!  Just keep a running log of what you are up to and all those daily moments that string together to create the story of our lives!

Yesterday, I mentioned some ideas to help you get on the program of concentrating and learning to take better photographs.  I suggested findind some sites that will assist you in that journey.  You don’t need a big, fancy camera – but if you are considering a new camera, it’s good to learn a little bit about it so you will go in as an informed shopper an not buy  more than you need.

Sites like this Digital Photography School are great resources for TONS of free information and help you learn a lot about what you want to know without spending a dime!

So, check it out and see what you think!  I would love for some of you to share YOUR sites, YOUR resources, and YOUR finds with us, so we can all learn together!  I’d love to hear from you as to what tools you are finding helpful on your journey through this calendar year and this journey to becoming a better historian!

Have a great day (don’t freeze if you are in the cold parts of the country!) … and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 - 1/11/11 01/11/2011 07:31:42