*Journaling Mats* 03/28/2011 19:02:13
*Using MMS to create your custom (Blogger) Blog Header* 03/26/2011 21:29:34
*Making a Designer Template Your Own* 03/23/2011 22:56:03
*Adding SHAPES to your MMS with SVG files* 03/23/2011 22:55:15
*Lettering Delights* 03/21/2011 06:46:44
*Copy & Paste* (text from outside MMS) 03/20/2011 08:59:46
*Uploading Your PHOTOBOOK for Printing* 03/19/2011 07:51:14

Post Topic Date Last Modified

Here is some great information from Mary and Jackie over TheMemoryBoutique.net that can give another option for creating a great platform for your Project 365 if you want to continue to add to it over time!  Remember that you can create layouts in a 4×6 format for easy printing to photo paper at home and add them to this great binder format that Mary has listed here!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

From Mary:

Project Memories

will simplify how you preserve your memories so that it becomes a celebration and not a chore.

We are so excited about 2011!  We talked about a Project 365/52 plan for 2011, but the feedback was, "Are you kidding me?  I STILL have years of photos in boxes and on my computer.  I can’t even think about adding a picture a day for 2011!"   We still love the 365 idea, but wanted to figure out a way to help everyone who is backlogged with photos get them organized and into albums. 

We searched for a system that is simple, clean, classic, timeless, quick and EASY.  We searched for a system that would allow our customers to quickly and easily preserve their memories in ANY format:  digital, hybrid, different sizes of photos, etc.  Wow! We found a gem of a system by We R Memory Keepers called "Albums Made Easy" and it’s everything we’ve been looking for.  But that’s not all, there’s more!

How It Works… 

1. Choose a photo album.   Three ring classic leather or linen albums come in solid, simple, stunning colors with a bookplate on the binding for personalization.  Available sizes are 8×8, 8.5×11 and 12×12.

2. Choose your photo sleeves.  A wide assortment of photo sleeves are available so whether you want to hybrid scrap, digi-scrap, use photos only or a combination of all of these, it can be done quickly and easily!

3.  Journal.  You can use the pre-designed 4×6 journaling cards by We R Memory Keepers, the free digital journaling cards that will be soon be available for download on our website or use your own if you are hybrid scrapping.

That’s it! Simple, quick and EASY.  You will have a beautiful album that will be cherished for years! 

What Else…(You Asked, We Listened!)  

1.  Home Parties.  That’s right!  Jackie is so excited and has already scheduled several Project Memories Home Parties.  Watch for more details coming soon.  If you’d like to get on the calendar for a home party, email us at [email protected].  Each hostess receives fabulous freebies!

2.  Live Consulting Help.Starting in March we will be able to help you over your computer while you stay in the comfort of your own home.  All you have to do is quickly install a free software program, login with a password provided by us and in seconds, we’re connected to you via the computer!  You will be able to schedule live consulting help beginning February 1st.

3.  Tutorials, Videos and Tips.  Throughout 2011 we will be posting tutorials and videos about using our Project Memories system, photo organization and more on our Blog.

4.  Project Memories Roundtable.  At the end of the month we will be hosting a “Roundtable” call.  You’ve heard of a Creative Team?  Well, we’re looking for ANYONE who wants to get a handle on their memories.  Members of the Roundtable will use the Project Memories system, take pictures of their progress and layouts and share on our Blog their own pages, ideas, suggestions, etc.  All Roundtable members will receive discounts on Project Memories supplies so be sure you don’t miss out on this fun and exciting opportunity!

5. Monthly Workshops.  We will be holding monthly workshops in Rockford, MI, to help you work on your Project Memories albums.  Space will be limited so that attendees will each have an entire table to work on organizing, hybrid-scrapping, digi-scrapping, putting together an album – whatever it may be that you are working on.  Dates to be announced next week.

6. Templates.  Simple and classic digital templates for quick and easy digi-scrapbook pages and FREE printable 4×6 journaling cards to use with the Albums Made Easy system will in the shop in soon.

*P365 1/23/11 01/24/2011 08:59:51

Today’s word for the day: JOURNAL

Remember that people who might be looking at your projects in the years to come might not know all the people in the pictures – while it is true that a picture is worth 1000 words, it never hurts to add a few little tidbits of information to help tell the story!  Here is a great article from Scrapbook.com that might just help keep you going!

Hope you find it helpful, I know I did!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Lesson 13 – Journaling Made Easy

Telling the story behind your photos is often the most meaningful part of your layout. For many scrapbookers, the journaling for a layout is the most intimidating element, and sadly it’s often left undone. It doesn’t have to be so scary! Not every page requires a detailed narrative or literary masterpiece. There are several styles of journaling you can utilize to tell your story that fit your own personality and writing preferences. 

Here are some journaling tips and ideas to try:

1. Make lists instead of writing complete sentences.
  2. Use the active voice for more interesting reading.
  3. Take advantage of journaling prompts to help you tell important stories.
  4. Repeat important phrases for emphasis.
  5. Include the date in your title or journaling for accuracy.

At Scrapbook.com, we offer a helping hand to kick-start your journaling with our fabulous collection of FREE titles, quotes and poems.

*P365 1/22/11 01/24/2011 08:43:56

Hi again Margarita!  Yes!  You can use any and all of the embellishments (and background papers) that come with the MMS kits to create your own layouts completely from scratch if you wish.  You can start with a blank page (or Create Your Own album) from the beginning screen, then add just what you want to those pages.  For the goodies that come with the individual kits, you can click to add a background paper or embellishment, and then from the drop down categories lists, click the category that the kit you are looking for would fall under, and all your kits will be listed by name under each of the categories.  Open each one and you will be able to view each of the items used to create that kit – and then add each (or all) of the items in that list to your page.  You can mix and match from any kit you like, or anything you find online in the same page.  

Please let me know if you need any more information!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

New to My Memories Suite - I'm I missing something? 01/23/2011 19:49:14

Hi all!  HAPPY FRIDAY to you!  Hopefully you are warm and toasty where you are today!  But, if you are where it is all wintery and snowy outside, don’t miss the opporunity to get some great shots that those of us in FLORIDA will never have in our collections (or at least not unless we are travelling!).  You can take some great snow shots that can come out great if you know a few easy tips.  It changes the lighting you need and some of the settings you might choose for your camera, but I found this great little article that might just help you out!  So, if you have snow – SHOW SNOW!!  Let’s see what ’cha got!

http://weather.thefuntimesguide.com/2006/01/winter_pictures.php

Have a FANTASTIC FRIDAYand don’t forget to make a (snowy) memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 1/21/11 01/21/2011 11:53:48

Welcome to DAY 20 of our Project 365!  Wow, we are really rolling now and the days will probably pick up speed as we move through the year!  Today is a short post – but a BIG reminder to each of us – to BE IN THE PICTURE sometimes.  We have talked about this before, but remember as you are taking your photos each day, remember to allow yourself to be IN some of them!  Here is a great little article with tips for taking a great self-portrait.  The great thing about self-portraits is this, NO ONE sees them but you!  You can take 100 if you want to get one that suits you just fine.  Stop picking apart your hair, or your clothes, or your waistline – just free yourself enough to get in FRONT of the camera sometimes!

Read it and see what you think!

http://peppermintcreative.com/blog/?p=4228

Have a FANTASTIC Thursday… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 1/20/11 01/21/2011 11:19:39

Well, we are coming to the end of week THREE already!  Can you believe it – where is January flying away to??? Have you been on top of a few pictures during the week that you can use to create a page this week?  What are you using to create a running thread through the pages of this book – or is each week going to stand on it’s own?  Focus on what makes that week special and then try to tie it in to the week before and after it to create a continuity through out this project.  Some ways that you can do that is to choose one background paper that will be the backdrop for all your pages, or maybe an embellishment that will repeat on the pages as they come together.  Whatever the tie you use, try to bring the story together in such a way that it will be easy to follow when you look back on it.  It is FUN to watch the project start to take shape, but remember, it’s never too late to tweak the format, or the layouts you use.  That’s one of my FAVORITE things about digital scrapbooking, is that nothing is EVER un-do-able!  You can work on each page a little at a time, or build the whole 52 pages now and fill in the photos as you go along.  Chances are this will not be the only project you have going this year, so make sure you keep it simple enough to manage throughout the entire year – even when you get busy!

YOU CAN DO THIS – we CAN keep each other going through the coming weeks and months!  I am PROUD of you for making the commitment to yourself to tackle this at all!  So, keep up the great work… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

WEEK THREE - WoWeeee! 01/21/2011 11:07:27

Well, we are nearly 20 days in to our Photo EVERY day project that is supposed to last a whole year long!  How are you coming along?  Do you find yourself forgetting to take a photo every day.  Do you “cheat” a little if you need to?  I think I have adapted my project a little, and sometimes include images that I FIND that inspire me that day.  I am always on the look out for new and exciting ways to photograph something and sometimes those are the “snapshots” in my head for the day.  So, I thought, why not add those to my project, they are part of my journey as well.  So… some days, I will credit others for my photo that day, and add those to the story of my year.  A project that will probably continue to evolve over the course of this year, as my projects often do.  Don’t be daunted, and DON’T GIVE UP! That’s the most important thing.  Whether you take the picture, or someone else does – it is all in there – it all counts.  Just remember to give credit to the proper people and you’ll be fine!

Just keep at it… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 1/19/11 01/21/2011 08:24:50

Good morning Wheezie!  Just a quick note about the Design Club CD’s – the kits on the Design Club CD do eventually show up in the Design Shop, but they always come to you as a QDC member FIRST – and they always come to you cheaper, because you get as many as 5 or 6 kits and collections on your CD for $14.99 – and they come out every other month, so you are only billed every other month!

It’s a great little fun surprise in the mail and it can give you a little something that no-one else has!

Hope that helps!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Design Club Question 01/21/2011 08:14:54

Hi again!  How’s your project coming along???  Today, I want to remind you that you DON’T HAVE TO LEARN IT ALL IN A DAY, or even a month, or even this year!  If you don’t have a big fancy camera, or if you do have one and don’t know what in the heck all those dials and settings mean, don’t be too hard on yourself!  Remember that there is “auto” on your camera for a very good reason!  You have taken a zillion pictures on auto your whole life – sure they’re not always fabulous, but they are still photos, and when you look at them (except the ones where someone’s head gets cut off) you can usually still tell who it is and remember the day you took it!   It doesn’t have to be a GREAT photograph to preserve the memory – it JUST HAS TO BE A PHOTOGRAPH!  No one will come along behind you and grade your work… no one ever going to say… “you know, that’s the worst picture ever taken -I’m sorry you snapped it”.  They are usually just going to be grateful that someone was there with a camera.  If you forgot your camera at a fun day in the park and snapped a few shots on your phone – you still have those pictures, even if they’re not perfect.  The photos don’t have to be amazing to still be important and precious and treasured.  It’s about capturing and remember the moment.  So… to quote Nike, just DO IT!  Don’t ever let your lack of expertise with your camera keep you from capturing that snippet of history in YOUR family’s story.

Here’s a great article I found about remembering WHY your camera has auto settings!  Check it out!

http://networkedblogs.com/dcRlT

Have a Wonderful Wednesday… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 1/18/11 01/19/2011 12:38:54

Hi again! How’s the project coming along? Are you still trying to get at least one photo or image in your book or on a page each day?  Are you able to stay inspired and choose something you want to remember for each day??? Sometimes I have found it hard to stay focused and on track – and just shoot SOMETHING!  If you are finding it challenging, maybe that’s good – maybe it will make you focus more on the little things around you.  Look at the area where you are right now.  What is the most meaningful little thing, trinket, rememberance, photograph, or knick-knack in your sight right now?  Have you recorded that, and the story behind it?  Remember, there will come a day when you are not here to tell everyone that story.  Remember how much it means to you to know the details behind what makes that little item – probably without value to anyone else… special to you.  Was it a gift from someone dear who’s not hear any more?  Did it commemorate a special occasion?  Did you just like it and treat yourself?  Snap a picture and do a bit of journaling about it and why you love it.

I look around my desk and see all kinds of special things to me – one day I will photograph them all – each and every one and why it’s here and why I love it… but today… I’ll pick just one.  YOU pick one too!  Picture of the day!  Simple as that!  Don’t forget to look close to you when looking for your inspirations!  It can be within arms reach!

Hope you have a wonderful day… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 1/17/2011 01/19/2011 12:31:27