*Journaling Mats* 03/28/2011 19:02:13
*Using MMS to create your custom (Blogger) Blog Header* 03/26/2011 21:29:34
*Making a Designer Template Your Own* 03/23/2011 22:56:03
*Adding SHAPES to your MMS with SVG files* 03/23/2011 22:55:15
*Lettering Delights* 03/21/2011 06:46:44
*Copy & Paste* (text from outside MMS) 03/20/2011 08:59:46
*Uploading Your PHOTOBOOK for Printing* 03/19/2011 07:51:14

Post Topic Date Last Modified

Good morning Suite Peeps!  I am getting some very sweet emails from you telling me how much you are enjoying this daily series!  I am having such a great time getting them ready for you each day.  All the lessons (along with links to the PDF and Video tutorials) will be permanently available in the March Into MMS forum link at MyMemories.com if you miss any along the way!  I really hope you find at least one little thing in each lesson that helps you get the most out of your software!  This is a great program and it’s just tough to cover EVERYTHING that it can do in one long workshop.  I am also hoping that if you decide to print out the PDF lesson that it will be helpful as a reference for all the information we cover in the videos!  (I’ll be sending along a “cover” for your notebook sometime later in the month!)

So, without any further delay.. here’s the scoop on today’s topic!  
TODAY’S TOPIC: USING PHOTO ONLY TEMPLATE ALBUMS and PAGES

Now, before you think… “Oh, I’ll never use those…”  just take a few minutes, grab a cup of coffee (or tea), or a nice cold Coke Zero, and see how they can help YOU get your pages done quick and easy!
The PDF is attached, but if you have trouble opening or downloading, you can find it here: PDF LINK:Photo Template PDF
Remember that you can find the amazing kit that was used to create the PDF’s and video tutorials in the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!  A special thanks to The Ettes for letting us use LOVE SHACK!
By now… you know the drill ~ get those SCRAPPY MARCHING BOOTS laced up and let’s get on with it!!

don’t forget to make a memory today!
Share your family’s story the way only you can with My Memories Suite software

*Photo Only Template Albums & Pages* 03/09/2011 04:23:28

Hi there!  Your page will typically save as a JPEG file, which is a common photo file type.  You can use the GUIDES to make the proportions and ratios correct for printing to a particular size.  They will usually save as a file and you determine the size when you print it out.

Click on VIEW in the top menu and then GUIDES from the drop down menu.  There you can select the size you will want to print – and then when you save your jpeg image – SHARE ALBUM – and then EXPORT TO JPEG, you save your file to your computer, and then when you choose that page to print, you can select the size paper you are printing on!

Hope that makes sense!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Saving as PDF's 03/08/2011 11:30:52

Good morning!  I hope you are enjoying this little trip as we continue our “March Into MMS”.  I hope you are getting at least a little tidbit from each lesson and that you are finding something new you didn’t know before!  Please feel FREE to share them, forward them, link to them so that everyone that uses My Memories Suite, and hopefully some new friends that might just be coming on board – get a chance to take a peek.

Don’t worry if you miss a day or two – there isn’t a test at the end of the month!  Also, just so you don’t have to keep track of everything… the links to both the video tutorial AND the PDF will be permanently listed in the March Into MMS forum the day or two after you receive your email.

I would like to say a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to our dear friends at “The Ettes” who graciously agreed to let me use the adorable kit, “Love Shack” in the design of both the PDF and the example album in most of the video tutorials.  Thanks Fayette and Annette – you’re the best!  ("Love Shack is available in the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!)

If you decide to print the PDF’s – I’ll be sending along a little “cover” later on in the month that you can use for the front of a binder to keep your pages handy.  By the end of the month, I am hoping we  have put together a handy little “quick reference” manual for you that will help you get the most out of your software!

So… without further delay… lace up your Scrappy Marching Boots, and let’s get going!

TODAY’S TOPIC: ADDING A LITTLE POP TO YOUR PAGE WITH SHADOWS

VIDEO LINK:
ADDING A LITTLE POP TO YOUR PAGE WITH SHADOWS

The PDF for today’s topic is attached – or you may find it here:  Pop PDF

Hope you enjoy – and please let me know if you have any trouble with the links or the attachment!

As always, if you have any questions or need further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me!!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

… don’t forget to make a memory today!
Share your family’s story the way only you can with My Memories Suite software
http://www.mymemories.com/

*Add POP to your Page with SHADOWS* 03/08/2011 09:16:44

Good morning ALL!  Just a quick email today to send along today’s edition of the March Into MMS video and PDF tutorial!  Today’s lesson will cover how to set up PREFERENCES in your program to save you steps (and TIME) in creating your pages and projects in your MMS software.

I hope you enjoy it!  I’ll be on the road today for a while – heading to Orlando for lunch!  But zip me a note if you have any questions or need more information about the topic for today – I’ll get back to you when I get back home tonight! 

So, by now, you know the drill… get those Scrappy Marching Boots laced up and let’s get to it!

TODAY’S VIDEO LINK:
WHAT’S YOUR PREFERENCE?

The PDF lesson is attached to this email, but if you have trouble with the attachment, you can  also find the PDF lesson here:  What’s Your Preference – PDF

If you love the kit that was used to create the videos and PDF – you can find Love Shack in the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!  Thanks “Ettes” girls!  We love ya!

* IF YOU HAVE MISSED ANY OF THE PREVIOUS LESSONSTHEY CAN BE FOUND IN THE *MARCH INTO MMS FORUM THREAD AT MYMEMORIES.COM**

So, have an AMAZING Sunday!  I’ll be seeing you again tomorrow! 

Lisa J.

… don’t forget to make a memory today!
Share your family’s story the way only you can with My Memories Suite software
http://www.mymemories.com/

*What's Your Preference?* 03/07/2011 09:19:58

Good morning Suite Peeps!!  Yes, EVEN on a Saturday, I am coming to you with a new lesson on our March Into MMS!!  This one will really be Short & Suite and is one of the more “utilitarian” lessons.  Nothing too fancy today, but it’s a little technique I wanted to share with you for sure.  At the bottom of this email you can find the links to the previous days lessons that will be listed in the forum for you if you ever need to refer to them.
I am just having so much fun putting together all of this information for you and hope that you are finding something useful in each lesson.  It has reminded my why I love this program so much.  First of all, I love it because I have gotten to meet ALL of you!  And then I love it because it really is a great program that is a wonderful way to create wonderful projects for your and your family and a real, tangible way to capture your history and your family’s story for you to share with everyone!
So… enough babbling – let’s get on with it, right???  For today, I’ll be sharing a lesson on how to change your album shape.  There are times when you start a project OR you see a Designer Template that you love, but it isn’t the shape you want to have as your finished project.  This will take you through a few simple steps to change a current album to another shape.  For example, if you have a square Designer Template, but you like to print at home on a standard printer, you might want an 8.5″×11″ layout – here’s how you do it!
So… go get those Scrappy Marching Boots laced up and let’s get to it!!  Ready… GO!

TODAY’S TOPICCHANGING YOUR ALBUM SHAPE/LAYOUT

The PDF for today’s topic is attached – or you may find it here: Album Shape PDF 
Hope you enjoy – and please let me know if you have any trouble with the links or the attachment!
IF you have missed any of the previous lessons, the links to both the video AND the PDF’s can be found in the *March Into MMS forum thread**  Here is the link:  My.Memories.com FORUM

*Changing Album Shape/Layout* 03/06/2011 06:09:37

Good morning Suite Peeps!  I am getting some very sweet emails from you telling me how much you are enjoying this daily series!  I am having such a great time getting them ready for you each day.  All the lessons (along with links to the PDF and Video tutorials) will be permanently available in the March Into MMS forum link at MyMemories.com.  I really hope you find at least one little thing in each lesson that helps you get the most out of your software!  This is a great program and it’s just tough to cover EVERYTHING that it can do in one long workshop.

So, without any further delay.. here’s the scoop on today’s topic!  
TODAY’S TOPIC: GETTING INTO SHAPE WITH MMS! (more accurately, getting into SHAPES with MMS!)
Remember that you can find the amazing kit that was used to create the PDF’s and video tutorials in the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!  A special thanks to The Ettes for letting us use LOVE SHACK!

*Getting into SHAPES with MMS* 03/05/2011 07:28:07

Good morning everyone! I am pleased to be able to bring you the next installment in the March Into MMS series!  This month long series is going to be a fun journey through MMS!

There is both a video tutorial and a PDF tutorial for each daily lesson.  I’ll be sending out a nice “cover” for your PDF’s if you decide to print them out.  I have had a great time putting these together for you and hope you find them helpful!  
So… if you are ready… lace up those Scrappy Marching boots and let’s get to it!  Ready…?  Here we go!!
I am attaching today’s PDF as an attachment, but you can also find it here: DAY THREE PDF
If you missed Day 1 or  Day 2 – you can find that information, along with all the links to the videos and the PDF’s in the MyMemories Forum at MyMemories.com.
All of the adorable graphic images used in the PDF and the elements in the Tutorial Album come from the adorable “Love Shack” kit by our friends at The Ettes in the MyMemories Design Shop!

*Moving/Adding Pages from One Project or Designer Template to another* 03/04/2011 04:21:12

Good morning All!  Well, what a busy day it turned out to be yesterday!  I am overwhelmed by the response to Day 1!  I am really excited that everyone enjoyed it so much.  I am not sure who is having more fun, me… or you???  Here is the Day 2 information!  Today’s lesson will show you “How to do the Text Wrap”… and before you ask – I really was going to try do put a little hip-hop rap in there just to spice things up… but let’s just say – my talents lay elsewhere! :-)

So, here is it!  Please – as always, let me know if you have any questions, I am ALWAYS happy to help!  I will also be posting the links for yesterday’s lesson in the forum so you won’t need to keep track of everything from yesterday.
Sometime this month, I will send out a “Front Page” that you can use for a cover for set of PDF’s if you are printing them out for future reference.  I know sometimes it is nice to have a page to look at while you are trying to work through something new!  But you will ALL be pros in no time!
Again, thanks for hanging out with me!  So… I know it’s early (well, here it is), but lace up those Scrappy Boots and let’s get on with the “March Into MMS”!

Today’s PDF LINK (also attached for download) but I am including a link if the attachment doesn’t work: “Doin’ the Text Wrap”

*as I mentioned yesterday, all the gorgeous graphic content in today’s PDF and Video lesson are from the LOVE SHACK kit by our friends at “The Ettes” – shop for their digital deliciousness at the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!!
See you tomorrow when our topic will be “Moving Pages and Adding Additional Pages”!
(Please feel free to share this email with anyone who has MyMemories Suite software, or who may be considering “going digital”!!)

Doin' the Text Wrap! 03/03/2011 04:01:06

Good morning!  I am SO excited that you have chosen to come along on the first ever “March Into MMS”.  I hope this proves to be a fun experience for all of us – I have really enjoyed getting the first few lessons ready for you and I truly hope you enjoy them!  Please feel FREE to share them, forward them, link to them so that everyone that uses My Memories Suite, and hopefully some new friends that might just be coming on board – get a chance to take a peek.

Each day I will be sending an email that will have a link to the Short & Suite video tutorial for that day, and a PDF attachment that you can download (and print if you like) with the lesson for that day.  Some videos and PDF’s will be shorter than others – just will depend on the topic for that day.  
Don’t worry if you miss a day or two – there isn’t a test at the end of the month!  Also, just so you don’t have to keep track of everything… the links to both the video tutorial AND the PDF will be permanently listed in the March Into MMS the day or two after you receive your email.
I would like to say a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to our dear friends at “The Ettes” who graciously agreed to let me use the adorable kit, “Love Shack” in the design of both the PDF and the example album in most of the video tutorials.  Thanks Fayette and Annette – you’re the best!  ("Love Shack is available in the Design Shop at MyMemories.com!)
If you decide to print the PDF’s – I’ll be sending along a little “cover” later on in the month that you can use for the front of a binder to keep your pages handy.  By the end of the month, I am hoping we  have put together a handy little “quick reference” manual for you that will help you get the most out of your software!
So… without further delay… lace up your Scrappy Marching Boots, and let’s get going!
TODAY’S TOPICHOW TO USE OUTSIDE CONTENT IN YOUR MY MEMORIES SUITE SOFTWARE

The PDF for today’s topic is attached – or you may find it here:  Lesson ONEPDF
TOMORROWS TOPIC: “Doin’ the TEXT WRAP!”

*Using Outside Content IN Your MMS* 03/02/2011 04:04:35

:-)

Lisa J.

*P365 2/11/11 02/28/2011 08:58:14