*Journaling Mats* 03/28/2011 19:02:13
*Using MMS to create your custom (Blogger) Blog Header* 03/26/2011 21:29:34
*Making a Designer Template Your Own* 03/23/2011 22:56:03
*Adding SHAPES to your MMS with SVG files* 03/23/2011 22:55:15
*Lettering Delights* 03/21/2011 06:46:44
*Copy & Paste* (text from outside MMS) 03/20/2011 08:59:46
*Uploading Your PHOTOBOOK for Printing* 03/19/2011 07:51:14

Post Topic Date Last Modified

Good morning Miss Mary!  I am glad you are joining us!  Yes, you will need a special printer at home to accommodate the 12×12 size.  Most home printers will go up to an 11" wide paper format and can print either landscape orientation or portrait orientation.  With the boom in digitital scrapbooking and projects like that, there have been a number of companies that have come up with a home-level ink-jet, wide-format printer.  These are available most office supply stores or online.  I have an Epson 1400 that I use at home to print the wide-format pages and really have good results with it.

Without going to that expense though there are a number of places that you can have 12×12 individual pages printed if you wanted to slide them into a traditional scrapbook album, or you can have them printed and bound as hard-back books as you mentioned.  This can be done right through the software and uploaded to the printing partner that works with My Memories Suite.  They do a great job at a reasonable price.  If you have a large number of pages that will be printed, you can usually find resources to print that will offer higher quality and lower cost than you can do at home.  When you take into consideration that you will be buying special paper and printer ink to print those larger pages.

You can set up your albums when you are creating them in a 12×12 (square layout)  If you want to print at home on a regular printer you can sure do that too.  Just when you open a new project/album choose LANDSCAPE or PORTRAIT layout for that album project.  You can also always change the size and shape of your project as you go along and change it.  Just choose EDIT and CHANGE ALBUM SHAPE.  Mostly you are just choosing the album shape and then choose the actual size when you print. 

I’d be happy to send you some links to some of the tutorials we have that might help you get started.  The “Intro to MMS” video starts with a 30 minute “Calendar Workshop” and then goes right into the 90 minutes “Into to MMS” workshop that covers most of the basic features and functions of your new My Memories Suite software.

http://www.vimeo.com/17524402

Please let me know if I can be of ANY more help!  You can email me directly if you’d like!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

printing 12 x 12 01/07/2011 09:11:55

So… how’s it going?  How are you coming so far?  Are you remembering to take a photo a day?  If you are, that’s awesome – every day is an accomplishment.  If you’ve missed a couple days already – no worries… it’s HARD to keep up and remember in our busy lives.  DON’T GIVE UP – maybe consider altering your plan into a weekly page that incorporates your weekly photos into one scrapbook page – that’s still 52 PAGES in a year!  That’s a HUGE accomplishment!  You can do whatever you want – how ever you tailor the project, make it work for you.  Some people do a “Top 10” for each month and highlight what was awesome and sometimes what was ordinary for that month.  It’s just about preserving your family’s story…  that’s the only thing you need to do.  However you get there – that’s up to you!

Today, why not consider spending a little bit of time organizing your photo folders for the coming year.  Make it easier on yourself as the year goes on.  Our Suite Chick, Jessica – did a GREAT job on a video for us recently going over how she organizes her pictures.  Didn’t require purchasing any other software, any other tools than you already have on your PC or your MAC.  This is some great information, but again it’s about finding what works for YOU!

So, check it out and see what you think – a little time NOW will save you a TON of time later!  Thanks again Jess for the GREAT video!

and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

http://www.vimeo.com/18414075

P365 1/06/2011 01/06/2011 04:31:20

Thanks SO much – I am glad you are excited!  Check back here weekly here for some great information, ideas and inspiration!

Good luck!

Lisa J.

Project 52 - *Ideas and Inspiration* 01/05/2011 13:14:48

Good morning!  (if you are looking for the previous four days posts they are under the PHOTOGRAPHY topic – this one was created yesterday and the future Project 365 comments will be located here!)

Here is a great idea for those of you who have young children and especially babies – to help photograph and document that first precious year!  Remember that just because you can BUY these, doesn’t mean you can’t MAKE your own.  I just thought it was a super fun idea and wanted to share it with you.  These little stickers help document what month they are turning, and it’s just a fun little addition to your photo collection!

If you are taking a photo a day, you will have a great record of all those little tiny subtle changes that take place a moment at a time in that first year.  But don’t forget that older children change too, and when you look at photos from last Christmas, don’t you see it???  Try to fill in the gaps with some photos of all the kids, or grandkids during those in between time!

So, here is today’s little tidbit!  Hope you like it!

http://pickysticky.com/shop.php

Have a HAPPY SCRAPPY DAYand don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

P365 - Day 5 - 1/05/11 01/05/2011 04:46:57

Good morning!  I will be trying to provide links and resources that I come across in the coming days that will offer great ideas and inspiration for our Project 365!  Taking ONE PHOTO A DAY FOR A WHOLE YEAR!  What a great way to document the small little life moments that fall in between those big memories!  All of it’s important – all of it is special.  Every day we have is a gift – we are just trying to stay on track and keep it documented!

Now, you might not feel like a whole page needs to be scrapped for every day’s photos… who could keep up with that?  But maybe just incorporate your photos into a weekly, or even monthly collage!  Keep your camera with you – even if it’s just the camera on your cell phone!  

This is a great website if you are looking for one to follow – really helps photographers, both pro, beginner, hobbyists – to take their photos to a whole new level.  This article had some great tips about how to “Think Like Your Camera” and get the most out of it.  You don’t need an expensive, fancy camera to capture those special moments.  So – here’s today’s tip!  Hope you enjoy it!

http://purephotoshopactions.blogspot.com/2011/01/photo-tip-thinking-like-your-camera.html

Have a good one… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Project 365 - Day 4! 01/04/2011 04:52:34

Hi DaizyK – all you need to do is click on the little thumbnail of your page at the bottom of your workscreen and drag it to the new location in the order where you want it!  Simple as that!  You can move them around as many times as you want – click to save in between to make sure they stay where you move them to!  Please let me know if you need more help!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

reordering pages 01/03/2011 18:16:38

HAHA!! Just realized I just changed us to a Project 354!! That’s what I get for not paying attention when I’m typing!! :-)  

Lisa J.

Project 354 - Day 3 (you didn't give up yet did you??) 01/03/2011 07:39:54

Good morning!  It’s Monday – things should be settling back into the normal range of busy again right?  A lot of kids went back to school today – so we can get back to our normal level of chaos!

Remember to grab your photo for today – look around you – start to see your world in a new way!  Look, really look, at the things in your world every day.  Here in Florida – because of our deep cold snap (well, cold for here!) in December, we even have some beautiful color in our trees.  Snow covered trees or lawn furniture or side roads and streets can make wonderful photos.

There is a way to do this – make sure you have your camera with you – even if it’s just your phone.  Learn to document the “every day” moments.  When you look back, sure you remember the big days – but how special are those in between times too.  A special trip to the library, grocery shopping with just one child…..?  Those are special – those are memories too.  Cherish them… document them – preserve them!

Here is another great resource to help you stay on track and STAY focused.  This is as hard for me as it is you – I have a full time job, this part time job and a BUSY family, but I am trying REALLY hard to stay committed to my project.  I am the worst at starting something and not finishing, and I am determined to make this different.  I have a college age daughter, who moved into her first apartment in November.  I have two teenagers in high-school… I am WELL aware of how fast these days are going.  I know you think when your kiddos are little, that it will never end… but I can tell you – any of our wonderful Grandmas here can tell you – those days will be memories before you know it… LONG before you are ready!  Save these days… save these special memories!  

So – check this one out and see if it can help you too!

and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

http://content.photojojo.com/tutorials/project-365-take-a-photo-a-day/

Project 354 - Day 3 (you didn't give up yet did you??) 01/03/2011 07:21:29

Here is a place where we can add FUN little props that can be used to add a little extra something to our PHOTO A DAY projects!

I think I am DEFINITELY going to have to get a couple of these (or find someone … maybe my Dad… to make me some!) 

SUCH a cute idea!!

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/chalkboard-bubble/

Lisa J.

FUN PHOTO PROPS!! 01/02/2011 13:42:07

Hi Janet – I saw there were some responses on the FB page, so if you need anything else, please let me know!  I am on a tear to learn more PSE stuff this year too.  I have PSE and the full version PS and only know a fraction of the things either can do.  I think we may start posting some ideas and tips here as we learn as well!  Jessica and I are working through learning too – maybe we can have some of our Suite chicks post some good links to tutorials that will help us get there too!  It does some great stuff – it’s just not as user friendly as MMS!

Keep at it – we’ll get there!

Lisa J.

I found this – I haven’t watched through them yet, but check it out!

http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-photoshop-elements-9/

Adobe Photoshop Elements 01/02/2011 11:32:45