*Journaling Mats* 03/28/2011 19:02:13
*Using MMS to create your custom (Blogger) Blog Header* 03/26/2011 21:29:34
*Making a Designer Template Your Own* 03/23/2011 22:56:03
*Adding SHAPES to your MMS with SVG files* 03/23/2011 22:55:15
*Lettering Delights* 03/21/2011 06:46:44
*Copy & Paste* (text from outside MMS) 03/20/2011 08:59:46
*Uploading Your PHOTOBOOK for Printing* 03/19/2011 07:51:14

Post Topic Date Last Modified

Hi all!  Hope all is going well for you and you are keeping on track with your project, in whatever way you have started to let it take shape.  One of the great things about a project undertaking like this, is that you get to really stretch the limits of your photographic knowledge and try new things!  I mean you another photo to take every day, right?  So, do some research, see if you can find some photos that you really love the way they look and see if you can determine how they were done.  There is a TON of information just for the asking out on the internet about how to create better photographs.  But, like any new skill – it requires some research, some learning and some practice.  It will not always just happen.  You didn’t learn all your new scrapping skills by accident, did you? Nope, you bought a program (or got super lucky and won it!) or someone gave it to you.  But you had to open it, install it, play around with it to learn it.  You might have even attended a workshop, or read the manual!  My point is, it took a little work, a little effort and a little time!  All of those things though, have been worth the effort!  Look how far you’ve come… look what you can create now, that you couldn’t before!  It’s awesome to be able to look at something amazing, something special and say, “I did that”.  It’s a proud moment for sure.

The same thing is true with our photos.  If we want to take better photographs… we need to learn how.  Now, if you have the luxury of popping out and buying a few thousand dollars worth of camera equipment, that’s great.  But a more expensive camera will NOT guarantee great photos – and a cheap camera does not guarantee lousy pictures.  You can take bad pictures with the most expensive camera, or GREAT pictures with  a pocket point n’ shoot.  You need to learn HOW.  Now, there will be limitations to what you can accomplish sometimes, sure, but you can do great work, no matter what kind of camera you have - even with the camera on your phone!

So… get out there and Google, search, read!  You can find great resources, either at a cost or free… you can read articles and stalk other photography websites for help and information.  Find some blogs that share “Mommy Photography” tips and tricks.  Find a photographer you LOVE and find your inspiration – develop your own style.  You CAN do it – you CAN get better than you are now!  It just takes a committment and a time and practice!  And you have 350+ days left this year to do it!

Well… what are you waiting for, stop reading and get going!  Share some of the resources YOU find here, so everyone else can check it out too! 

Have an amazing day… and don’t forget to make a memory today (and photograph it!)

Lisa J.

[email protected]

*P365 - 1/10/2011 01/11/2011 07:15:37

Here is the first in the series of VIDEO TUTORIALS that have been created to help assist you in learning ALL you can about My Memories Suite V2!  This two-hour workshop begins with a short 30-minute “4×6 Calendar” workshop class that shows you all you need to know to use your MMS to create a fun project that is perfect for gift giving around the holidays.  Learn to create a great calendar project that can be printed directly to your home printer, sent to any processing site that prints 4×6 photos, or saved to a slideshow! 

The calendar class is immediately followed by a 90-minute “Intro to MMS V2” workshop that should cover most of the basic features and functions of MMS V2 – highlighting some of the great updates that came with V2.  If you have Version 1 you might want to check it out and decide if it’s time to upgrade!  This is a walk through of the screen and a demonstration, feature, by feature of most of the great things you can do with your new MMS!

These are recordings of live workshops, which we host from time to time!  Check out the Facebook page for more upcoming tutorials!

If at any time you need more information or any additional help, please feel free to check out our VERY busy Facebook page or send me an email – I am ALWAYS happy to help out!

Calendar Class Workshop/Intro to My Memories Suite V2 Workshop

Lisa J.

[email protected]

"Intro to My Memories Suite V2" 01/10/2011 06:58:53

Let me send a note to see if I can find out Daizy!

Lisa J.

wait time 01/08/2011 20:24:39

Good morning!  ONE WEEK DOWN!!  You have done GREAT – even if you’ve missed a day or two, if you’ve gotten started, you’ve done great!  It is not a project with rules.  That’s the great part – you make it work for YOU.  Take photos when you can.  It really is just about sharing your story with those in your family and preserving it for those that either live far away, or will come after you.  It’s about capturing the life you life in between the big days.  It’s about remembering the special blessings that come in the ordinary things in our lives.  It’s about trying to remember to focus and appreciate it all.  

Remember the day that you walked in and your 3 year old daughter had literally created a snowstorm in your bedroom with a container of baby powder??? (Oh, wait… that was me!) I will have that memory forever, but I don’t have a photo. :-(  She is 20 now, and we still laugh about it from time to time… but I’d give anything to have a picture of her innocent little face, when she told me, “Mommy, I made it snow in your room!” :-)  

Take the time to take the photo.  It only takes a second.  You don’t need a fancy camera – you just need the desire to capture the moment.

So… keep up the good work if you’ve gotten photos in your folder for this week! If you don’t NO WORRIES – this isn’t supposed to be a project that stresses you out – it’s supposed to make you happy!  Take a moment today to think about what you want to do with the photos now that you have them.  Do you want a page to hold all the photos for the week – or maybe you’ll choose a calendar layout and drop each picture in the block for that day!  There are TONS of ideas – you pick which one works for you!

You can always check in on the Forum thread for the Project 365 ideas – there are some great resources that can help you with ideas and inspiration to keep going.  If you have your photos – you can ALWAYS work on the pages later.  These projects are about getting the photos first – then getting the pages done.  Take a few steps at a time!  It’s up to YOU!

Have an amazing Saturday… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

WEEK ONE - DONE! 01/08/2011 05:44:26

Good morning!  ONE WEEK DOWN!!  You have done GREAT – even if you’ve missed a day or two, if you’ve gotten started, you’ve done great!  It is not a project with rules.  That’s the great part – you make it work for YOU.  Take photos when you can.  It really is just about sharing your story with those in your family and preserving it for those that either live far away, or will come after you.  It’s about capturing the life you life in between the big days.  It’s about remembering the special blessings that come in the ordinary things in our lives.  It’s about trying to remember to focus and appreciate it all.  

Remember the day that you walked in and your 3 year old daughter had literally created a snowstorm in your bedroom with a container of baby powder??? (Oh, wait… that was me!) I will have that memory forever, but I don’t have a photo. :-(  She is 20 now, and we still laugh about it from time to time… but I’d give anything to have a picture of her innocent little face, when she told me, “Mommy, I made it snow in your room!” :-)  

Take the time to take the photo.  It only takes a second.  You don’t need a fancy camera – you just need the desire to capture the moment.

So… keep up the good work if you’ve gotten 7 photos in your folder! If you don’t NO WORRIES – this isn’t supposed to be a project that stresses you out – it’s supposed to make you happy!  Take a moment today to think about what you want to do with the photos now that you have them.  Do you want a page to hold all the photos for the week – or maybe you’ll choose a calendar layout and drop each picture in the block for that day!  There are TONS of ideas – you pick which one works for you!

Have an amazing Saturday… and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

P365 1/08/2011 01/08/2011 05:41:33

Yes, the kits do tend to add up quickly and take up space for sure.  You can store your whole program on MMS and run it from there.  I have done that in the past.  Now I have all my MMS stuff on my computer and all my “outside content” that is purchased from other sites on my external harddrive.  But you can judge how it will work best for you based on what size hard-drive you have on your computer.  A lot of people store their albums on an external harddrive for space reasons.

Please email me if you need more help or information!  Thanks for the question!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

Kits get Large! 01/08/2011 05:31:19

How funny! I downloaded it yesterday to update my own blog!! Wow, I’ll be in good company!!  Thanks again!

Lisa J.

Christmas kits 01/08/2011 05:28:06

LOVE LOVE LOVE that kit!! Love that you guys are working together – even more *FAB*u-lous-ness for all of us!!

Wooo hooo!

Lisa J.

Christmas kits 01/07/2011 12:19:36

Hi Diane!  Welcome to our crazy little club!  YES, everything that you buy as additional content here in the Design Shop is all digital content.  The only thing you could sign up for to receive in the mail is the Quick Design Club CD and that comes once every other month.  With the kits you purchase in the shop, you will choose and purchase (or grab the freebies) Once the purchase is complete, you will go to the link that says MY DOWNLOADS – you will see your purchases listed there for download, and choose whether you want the MAC or PC download, depending on your computer.  Click on the format you want and it will guide you through the steps to download.  Once it is on your computer just click the downloaded item – and it will go through the self-install wizard.  This will automatically install your new kit into your software (just make sure your software isn’t open when doing this) then the next time you open your MMS program, you should see your new content.  If you installed a kit that was a Designer Template, you will find those in the list to choose from when creating a new project.  If you purchased something as a PACK, that will be available in the listings under the category heading they fall under.

I have a pretty extensive tutorial video that might help go over some of the basic features and functions of My Memories Suite, and it might be helpful!  It starts with a short 30 minute “Calendar Workshop” and then rolls right into the “Intro to MMS” 90 minute workshop!  It might help some!

http://www.vimeo.com/17524402

Please let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to help!

Lisa J

[email protected]

downloading and buying kits 01/07/2011 10:25:23

Well, it’s almost the end of Week 1 – how did you do?  Did you remember to get a picture every day?  It’s never too late to start – who says the year has to go from January 1 to January 1.  Be a little less traditional and go from the 7th to the 7th or the 10th to the 10th!  Just whatever you decide (or don’t decide) you can do what works for YOU and your life!  It’s YOUR project and runs well when it’s a system you can live with.

Another idea you might try to seek inspiration and stay motivated is to sign up for some great “Daily” reminders that will keep you moving along!  There are many places out there that will either do a Twitter update, or a daily email or a FB page update with daily ideas.  There are daily photo ideas, “word of the day” ideas, Bible verse of the day, etc.  All of those things can be great sources of ideas and inspiration for your project!  You never have to stick with just one, but find a way to incorporate them along with your own, to make your project a success!

I get a daily Twitter update from “DailyShoot” and it gives me an idea for a photo that I can take that day… I don’t always use it that day, but sometimes it might help me if I get stuck later on.  Also, look for inspiration for photos on photographers Facebook pages.  Choose one that closely matches your place in life – if you have young children, choose a children’s or family photographer.  If you are getting married, choose a photographer that specializes in engagement and wedding photography.  Today, more than EVER before, you have an abundance of resources to help keep you going.  Remember, your pictures don’t have to be great, chances are every one is not going to be spectacular – but if you learn with each photo you take – at the end of the year, you are going to be so proud of your progres!  No one starts out as a pro – every one takes their very first photo sometime.  Let TODAY be your day – if you haven’t started yet, start TODAY!  You CAN do it! 

Have a great Friday…and don’t forget to make a memory today!

Lisa J.

[email protected]

P365 1/07/2011 01/07/2011 09:29:44